Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Free Market Jobs and Taxing the Rich

There's been a lot of talk lately coming from the federal government about creating jobs. There's been congressional hearings on the subject. This is a subject near and dear to my heart. What's it been, ten, eleven, twelve years since this economic downturn started? Four or five years into this current depression? It's hard to tell how long it's been since government and their lapdog corporate media sources like to obfuscate and manipulate economic statistics and realities so much. Well, I've been out of a good paying job for two and a half years now, so for me at least that's how long the depression has lasted. I've had to worry about my own job creation and producing what I can for that long now.

You might think that in my situation I would be all for taxing the rich so that I could work. You might think I'd be jumping for joy, salivating at the chance to get government work so that I can eat and pay my rent every month. You might think that, but you'd be wrong. I took the red pill a long time ago, so long ago that I can hardly remember what it's like to not be able to see through the matrix. Still, government work, if I could get it, would look awfully tempting right now. I would no longer be a burden to those who presently support me and could become a burden to all those who pay taxes. It's not a positive step toward a voluntary society, but maybe I'd be able to survive a few more years and live to a ripe old age without ever having to say "Welcome to Walmart."

I watched testimony from Peter Schiff during the congressional hearings on job creation. It was very interesting testimony. He said, to paraphrase, that the government is preventing him from creating jobs. He said he was fined for hiring too many people and that he paid over half a million dollars in legal fees defending his hiring practices. His claim is that one of the riskiest things an employer can do these days is to hire somebody. As an employer he is worried about litigation and the hidden costs of employing someone that comes with government regulation. He offered testimony and evidence, in essence, that the best thing government can do to create jobs is to step aside and let private businesses compete without fear of repercussions.

He further discussed how much he was taxed. He points out, in different words, that government is not the most effective organization to determine where to best spend resources and that taxes do not always go to the best places to create jobs. He also intimated that if he gets taxed anymore he would move out of the country, stating that he had already moved many of his operations overseas. It makes sense to me that if jobs are going to be created, the rich who provide the jobs need incentives to stay in the country and keep their businesses here, not move away from it.

Now, it seems to me that the current administration has taken a position that tries to pit the rich against the poor. That would be a divide and conquer strategy. This is a dangerous strategy to use. If it were to work it would be a lose/lose strategy for the common folk, but if it fails it could be disastrous for those using it. It is used, in my humble opinion, to divert attention away from the international central banking cartel and their corporate crony elite and to focus it on the productive sector of society that has yet to achieve the status of international corporations. Think about it, isn't wealth relative? To a homeless person, someone making 30 grand a year might seem wealthy, to the person making 30 grand someone making a 100 grand might seem wealthy, and on up the line. I would venture a guess that the wealth of the central bankers would make Bill Gates et al., look like paupers. When you blame "the rich," who are you really blaming?

When was the last time you got a steady job from someone who was poor? I realize there are exceptions, but as a rule it is usually the richer person who acts as the employer and the poorer person who acts as the employee. So what are we to do, direct our anger at those who appear to us to be wealthy, demand they be taxed even more than they already are and drive them out of the country? Drive away the only people that have a chance of setting up businesses able to compete with huge multi-national corporations? Do you think those faceless, heartless corporations are going to offer Americans decent paying jobs? They will offer as few as they possibly can, as long as they can set up shop in India or China and make a cent more profit for their shareholders.

It is the middle class businessmen that need to compete with the corporate juggernauts. They need to innovate. They need to offer higher quality, competitive products. The government needs to lower the barriers to entry in the market, not make entry tougher by imposing more government regulations and restrictions. Competition will make even the mega international corporations answerable to market pressure. Think that's not possible? We are already seeing it happen in the information dissemination business. In fact, my website, szandorblestman.com, is part of it. The giant, establishment media corporations are hurting as people look to the Internet to find a higher quality, more honest product than the establishment media can provide.

Lately I've seen many people protesting and making the claim that they have the right to a job. I realize that many will be angry with this, but I feel that the only job anyone has a right to is the job they create for themselves. I have tried to create a job for myself by disseminating my opinion, a job which pays nothing except what people voluntarily give me for what they think my write ups are worth. Apparently, my opinion isn't worth much as I haven't made much doing this. If I made a dime for every time an article of mine had been viewed, I'd probably be doing alright. If I got a dollar donation from everyone who ever visited my website I'd probably be making a decent living. Still, I keep plugging away hoping to one day be able to better my circumstances. I have no right to force another to give me work. I have no right to enslave others to my will.

If someday I have the means to be able to employ someone in my business, I don't want to be forced to give people work. I want to have the freedom to be able to hire the people I feel would do the best job for me and have the skills needed to make my business better. I don't want to be forced by government mandate to hire folks who bring no value to my company. I think that many of us want to be wealthy. We want to better our circumstances. It should be remembered that in order to live free we have to allow others to live free also. Employers should not be made slave to employees, and vice versa.

I do believe, however, that corporations have gained far too much power in the modern world. They have far too much control over the government. In fact, it seems to me that international corporations have essentially become part of many Western governments around the world. They have the bulk of the wealth, along with their central banking masters, and they have worked with governments worldwide to create overwhelming obstacles to market entry for those who could help break their cartels. They control the jobs and they're going to make sure that the countries which have the cheapest labor get them. International corporations have no loyalty to any country, culture, society or principle. They are a creation of government and they are given privileges no individual or self owned business could hope to obtain. These entities and the individuals who run them are unaccountable for their actions, as has been demonstrated by the bailouts. They are, in my humble opinion, the establishment, and their privileges need to be removed if they are ever to be held accountable for the fraud and abuse they have visited upon the common folk of this nation, and indeed the world.

One needs to be very careful these days who one considers wealthy. One needs to be careful about the demands they make on government. One needs to become more self reliant and to be more aware of who one supports and which principles one advocates. As individuals we should all try to become more aware of the needs and desires of others and try to provide as best we can the goods and services necessary to live decently. Those who are able to provide for the community should thrive while those who are not should be afforded opportunities to do so. It is time to shed the growing dependency on corporations and big government. It is time to recognize that while those failed institutions might seem to have all the wealth and power, they only have failed policies, broken promises, and fraudulent paper. The common folk have the numbers and the spirit, they just need to find the imagination, the will and the determination to use them.

My archived articles are available at szandorblestman.com. Please visit there and make a donation to help support me and my efforts. I also have an ebook available entitled "The Ouijiers" by Matthew Wayne.

No comments: